Maxwell-Briscoe 1909

Maxwell-Briscoe 1909

This automobile was manufactured by the Maxwell-Briscoe Motor Company of Tarrytown, New Jersey. It is a Model A and was noted for its reliability and low maintenance cost. It is believed that the leather top and the Atwood-Castle headlights were accessories added to the automobile and did not come out of the factory with those specific pieces. A tool box would have been mounted to the backside of the automobile as well. It was purchased in Loveland, Colorado in 1975 and donated to the Old West Museum in 1986.