Mountain Wagon a.k.a. Chuckwagon Circa 1915
This chuckwagon was built by Studebaker Brothers Manufacturers in South Bend, Indiana. The local distributor for Studebaker wagons was F.A. Roedel Hardware in Cheyenne. It is unknown who used the wagon portion of the chuckwagon. The chuckbox, the wooden box with shelves mounted to the back end of the wagon, was used on the Chalk Bluffs Ranch outside of Cheyenne. The owner of the ranch was Jack Elliott and his brand, J-E, is visible in paint on the outside of the chuckbox. The Old West Museum owns this chuckwagon.