Oil Wagon Circa 1915
An oil wagon similar to this one was used at the W.E. Dinneen Garage and Filling Station in Cheyenne in 1906. The body of this particular vehicle came from Fort Collins, Colorado. It was restored and painted similar to the turn-of-the-century oil wagon it represents. Gasoline and kerosene were loaded into divided chambers in the tank from the top. These were dispensed into containers through hoses in the back of the vehicle. The wooden storage box held cans of axle grease and a variety of lubricants. The Old West Museum owns this wagon and each year it is rolled in the Cheyenne Frontier Days parade.